Hiring a building contractor to work on a construction project is a vital process. To find the correct company for the project, anticipate in investing a significant amount of time for planning and research. After you accept a contractor’s bid, don’t forget you are going to be working with these people for the duration of your project, possibly every day. Make sure you select a company that you are comfortable with, and whose workers you can speak to frankly and honestly. For any substantial project, it’s important to retain an open dialog for keeping the project’s progress moving forward. Any commercial construction project will be a huge investment in company resources and professional time and labor, so keep this consideration in mind as you carry out your research. Beyond the communication factor, you are going to need particular, detailed answers related to your specific construction project. The following is a checklist of twenty questions to help guarantee you’re hiring the right contracting company and people to take on your project. Make sure you have acceptable answers to all the questions prior to you hiring a building contractor.
- Have you taken on projects like our proposal?
- Do you have contact information with past clients?
- What permits are going to be required for our project?
- Are you experienced with our local permitting process?
- Can you give us a detailed timeline for the construction process?
- Who are the subcontractors that are going to be working on this project?
- Is a project manager always on site to act as our point of contact during construction?
- Is your work warrantied for a specific period? Are there any exceptions to the warranty?
- Is your bid an assessment, or a final cost?
- Who is going to pay for cost overflows in labor and materials?
- Is there a penalty for interruptions? If so, what causes for interruptions are covered?
- Will the interruption penalty cover our actual losses should the project not be delivered on time?
- If our building plans need to be changed, how much do you charge for the orders?
- How are disagreements settled? Is there a mandated mediation process?
- Who is going to be serving as the designer or architect for this project? Can we visit some of their prior builds?
- Do you use a preferrable vendor for interior fixtures?
- Is this project going to disrupt our current operations?
- What on-site space and resources are you going to need to access throughout construction?
- What is the amount of liability insurance do you carry?
- Is it enough for covering the possible damages from an accident at the construction site?
The right building contractor is going to help you navigate the complex process of your project and is going to help keep the work progressing according to plan and budget.
Build a Custom Home In Arizona
More Articles About Home Building
- Buying A House Checklist
- Is It Cheaper To Build Or Buy A House In Arizona?
- 5 Things To Consider When Building A House In Arizona
- What Is A Custom Home?
- Homeowner’s Checklist For Building A House
- Custom Home Building Process
- How Much Does It Cost To Build a House in Arizona?
- How Much Does It Cost To Build A House?