The average cost to build a house is $298,432 in 2022, according to HomeAdvisor. Prices will range all the way from $154,135 to $477,534 in the U.S.
If you are searching for “cost to build a house” or “how much does it cost to build a house“, this article will detail all expected costs and factors affecting the price tag.
Average Cost To Build A House
The typical price per square foot is $150, so here is a look at costs to build new homes today:
- 1,500 sq ft home: $225,000
- 1,600 sq ft home: $240,000
- 1,700 sq ft home: $255,000
- 1,800 sq ft home: $270,000
- 1,900 sq ft home: $285,000
- 2,000 sq ft home: $300,000
Cost To Build A House Yourself
According to LandCentury, the average cost to build a house yourself is $206, 132. Here is a look at typical costs associated with this process:
- Lot Clearing & Grading: $2,695
- Hooking Up Utilities: $32,000
- Power: $15,000
- City Water: $10,000
- Well & Septic: $7,000
- Foundation: $8,447
- Framing: $3,000
- Exterior Finishes: $50,000
- Electrical, HVAC & Plumbing: $40,000
- Interior Finishing: $80,000
The biggest factor influencing the overall cost of a new home build is, of course, size of the property. The number of stories featured in the home will affect the bottom line, as well. The more stories you have, the more construction there is involved in the build.
Different design features, including balconies, decks, pools and others can increase the total cost. However, these features will undoubtedly add value to your home over time. Most homebuyers wouldn’t think about the shape of the home when creating a budget, but this could also result in added costs. Unusual exterior or interior designs will require more construction, leading to larger costs.
Building Vs Buying A House: Which Is Cheaper?
Building a home will cost $298,432 compared to buying a home, which averages a cost of $296,000, currently. Buying a home will cost less than building one, but building the home from scratch allows you to customize every single feature of the property.
How Much Does It Cost To Build A House In Arizona?
Right now, new home builds run between $200,000-$625,000 in Arizona. Remember, prices can vary greatly across the valley. Higher rates in places like Paradise Valley and Scottsdale will cause the average cost of home building in the state to increase dramatically. All of the aforementioned cost factors will come into play when building your dream home in the valley of the sun.
Contact Hughes Development if you are interested in building a home in Arizona today!
Build a Custom Home In Arizona
More Articles About Home Building
- 25 Home Ownership Quotes
- Cost To Build A House: All 50 States
- Buying A House Checklist
- Questions To Ask When Building A Home
- Is It Cheaper To Build Or Buy A House In Arizona?
- 5 Things To Consider When Building A House In Arizona
- What Is A Custom Home?
- Homeowner’s Checklist For Building A House
- Custom Home Building Process
- How Much Does It Cost To Build a House in Arizona?
- How Much Does It Cost To Build A House?